Tuesday 14 September 2010

Happy happy, pretty pretty....

As promised, a blow by blow account of my trip to Aus will follow soon (now there's a threat!) but I just need to say:

VAMOS RAFA!!!


I'm so happy he has completed the career slam, not least because, before this tournament began, everyone was going on about how he'd never do it (and by everyone, I particularly mean an irritating article by Pat Cash I read in the Herald Sun in Melbourne. I can't find a link to it...maybe because it now looks so daft and mean spirited.)  I did have my sneaky suspicions that all he had to do was to be injury free and to pace his year a little better, something he'd appeared to be getting right so far in 2010...but I dared not hope too hard.

And he did it with just the loss of one set!!!  Yay!!! (although I do feel a little sorry for Novak Djokovic, who seems a rather nice chap.)

Oh, and I highly recommend following Rafa's facebook page  His entries are uniformly adorable and unduly humble...and, yes, there are lots of nice pictures of him looking very tasty indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment